Recommended Proctoring Procedures
Proctors, please help by updating and expanding on these procedures. Let's make some nice instructions for future proctors!
Make sure to know your
- eServices login/password
- UVA Netbadge login/password
- Maple TA login/password
There are several ways to check students in at the lab. However it's done, it should ensure that each student:
- has a verified identity, is enrolled in the appropriate class, and is not taking the exam for someone else
- has a reservation for the current time slot, or can be accomodated as a "stand by"
Here's one suggested procedure:
1. As students enter the lab, you record their class, Netbadge ID and planned exam 2. You have them take a seat, with only scratch paper and their UVA ID card on the table 3. Using the information from 1. above, you authorize them in groups by class and planned exam 4. Once everyone has begun their exam, you walk around the room comparing faces to ID photos and ID names to the name appearing in the top right corner of the student's Maple TA screen
- Be careful not to authorize students twice. This creates an open authorization that may be useable outside of the lab.
- Be careful to check the correct boxes when authorizing students. A mischecked box could authorize a different student to access the exam outside of the lab.
- Avoid authorizing for "Re-enter." This allows a student who clicked "Quit and save" to resume the exam at a later date. This is not allowed. If a student previously clicked "Quit and save," you may need to force grade the old exam in order to start a new one. One way is to authorize a re-enter, and then watch the student click "Grade" to close out the old exam. Then authorize the student for a new version of the exam using "Start and grade."
-- Main.ChristianGromoll - 12 Sep 2008