From UVA ECE & BME wiki
ECE Department Main
- Before you place the order, read the Ordering Requirements.
- Go down to the ECE Department Main office (Rm. C-210).
- Sign out an LPO* form - and take the correspondingly numbered form.
- *The University of Virginia Limited Purchase Order. This is a payment method used by the University of Virginia. The LPO is valid only if the order is less than $5,000.00.
- You can fill this out by hand or you can use this electronic copy .
- Use the form while placing the order.
- It is usually recommended that you also fax the LPO form to the company for confirmation.
- Specifically, fill out: Attn., Vendor Information, Date, PTAO Account Codes, Item Descriptions, Ordered by, and Total.
- Don't forget to fillout Attn. under the department address so that the order comes to you.
- If you know shipping, include it.
- Make a copy for your records.
- Turn the original into the department - under most circumstances if the award starts with F* or *S then you should turn it into Gloria, if it starts with *G* you should turn it into Dan.
- Important: When package arrives sign packing slip with name and date. Make a copy for your records. Give Dan or Gloria original, signed packing slip.
Howto ship a package from the ECE Department
- Ask Dan for a Shipping Form. Our department prefers UPS. Tell Dan what method of shipment you want (ground, air, etc.)
- Fill out the form.
- The Reference Number is the PTAO used to pay for the shipping. Leave a note one this line describing the shipment (for Gloria)
- Fill out the rest: Your name, the delivery address, and weight.
- Sign and date the form.
- Call the number on the form to arrange the pickup (1-800-PICK-UPS for UPS). Walk through the voice-activated system.
- Leave your package in the mailroom (or outside the door if it's close to 5 PM and you want the package picked up that day).